I want to check how in-app notifications work, using Clevertap. A sample use case - Render an in-app notification as soon as they complete a charged event for a transaction between 20 and 50 dollars.
Creation of in-app campaigns is a simple process. Currently, we have in-app campaigns for users in live segments, and on a single user action, which perfectly suits your use case. The process to create an in-app campaign is as follows -
- Choose ‘In-App’ from the Campaigns section.
- You can choose to use an earlier saved segment or create a new ad-hoc segment. If choosing ad-hoc segment, you will get the option to create a segment based on single user action. Click on that and proceed to construct your segment as follows -
a) Choose ‘who’ you want to render this in-app message for.
You can further choose to filter this by past user behavior and profile properties. You can also choose to render it only for first time users.
b) You can then decide ‘when’ to trigger these push notifications - You can choose a specific time to start the campaign, as well as decide to keep the campaign infinitely. You can also decide on campaign frequency (on what days and what times the campaign should show) as well as exclude this campaign from frequency limits
c) Finally, you can decide ‘what’ you want to send - the format of your in-app message, option to add background message, title and content etc.
- Review your campaign setup before deploying it.
Thanks! Can you tell me a bit more about customising the in-app notification?
You can do the following customisations to your in-app notification.
- Firstly, you can choose the style of your in-app notification, and which OS’s you want to render it on.
- You can add a background image for the in-app notification. You can choose from the existing templates, or add a background image of your own. Note to adhere to the suggested dimensions. If you don’t have a background image, you can simply choose a background color.
You can also add an overlay on the background (either a gradient or solid).
Finally, you will be able to add a ‘Close notification’ button as well.
You will be able to personalise your title as well as content of the message with profile properties. Simply type ‘@’ and choose from the dropdown. Additionally, you can select the font (Default, Arial, Sans Serif, Serif, Monospace) you want it to render in, Font Style (Normal, Bold, Italic, Italic-Bold), text color, text-opacity, font size and text alignment.
- Another great option to further customise your in-app is to add elements such as buttons. You can also add a link to the URL as follows -
- For buttons you also get to add a background color and set background opacity.
Hey! Could you please tell me more about the specs for customized in-app notificaitons. I want to use my own font, background, and design.