Personalisation of the items present in the cart

When a customer adds multiple items to the cart, the reminder mailer should be personalised with all the items present in the cart. Can you please help me achieve the same?

Hi @Sayali

Your use case is to send personalised Cart Abandonment / Wishlist Emails To Customers with all items present in the cart. Drafting in below in detail on how you can implement.

Time to implement - 3 Day ( With Testing )

Background: When a customer adds multiple items to the cart, the reminder mailer should be personalised with all the items present in the cart.

Aim: A user should receive an automated mailer personalised with all items present in their the cart.

Skills required: Well versed with CleverTap server APIs or confident with the client side SDKs

Integration :

A. User Properties to pass to CleverTap :

Every time a user adds an item to the cart, we’ll update two sets of user properties.

Part 1 :

1. Count of items in the user properties : Every time a user adds an item to the cart, we’ll update the count in the user property.

E.g. Default count = 0. I add “iPhone” to the cart, count = 1. Then I add “Pixel” to the cart, count = 2. I remove “IPhone” from the cart, count = 1.

Part 2:
2.When a user adds an item to the cart, we’ll update multiple user properties. E.g The product name, product page url and the product image. The user properties which you add here will be available for personalisation.

B. Sample user properties :

i.No.of items added to cart : This user property will be updated, every time a user adds an item to the cart.
ii.Cart Item-1 Product name : Name of the product which is first in the cart list
iii.CartItem-1 Product page URL : Product page URL for the item 1
iv.CartItem-1 Product image URL : Item 1 image url ( e.g. .jpeg, .png, .jpg )
v.Cart Item-2 Product name : Name of the product which is second in the cart list
vi.CartItem-2 Product page URL : Product 2 page URL
vii.CartItem-2 Product image URL : Item 2 image url ( e.g. .jpeg, .png, .jpg )

Similarly for every item added to cart, we’ll dynamically keep adding user properties.

Note : If a customer adds products A, B, C, D to the cart and then specifically removes item C from the cart. We recommend to update all user properties here i.e. A, B , C instead of specifically updating Cart Item-3 i.e. item C related user properties. CleverTap automatically updates the values as user properties are scalar by default.

CleverTap currently supports 256 user profile properties.

Documentation : https://developer.clevertap.com/docs/concepts-user-profiles#section-manually-updating-predefined-user-profile-properties

Dashboard campaign :

In the CleverTap Dashboard, we’ll be creating inaction campaigns for each add to cart scenario.

1. 1 item(s) added to cart.
  2. 2 item(s) added to cart.
  3. n items(s) added to cart.

Similar for if you want to target user who has added 2 item(s), then you have to select No of items added to the cart equal to 2.

You will have to create different campaigns for number of items added in order to keep the HTML responsive.

How to add personalisation in the content

Step 1 - Select all the dynamic properties which you want to use in the email

Step 2 - Click on the Source button and look for the keyword “data-originalreplacement”. Copy the content within the quotes. The syntax of the content will be something like this - $replacement$##e:4[ add your default value here ]$/replacement$
You can now use these values for personalization in your HTML code

The image parameters need to be added within tags.

Hope this helps!