Can you explain the different Session Source fields present in the Events Dashboard?
The Events Dashboard shows the Session details for the Event and from where exactly was the User started the Session during which the Event was triggered.
The Sources can be:
- Direct: This is attributed when the User visits the website directly through the Address bar. For e.g. Typing out “www.yourwebsite.com” or “www.yourwebsite.com/link1”.
- Search: When the User searches the Website in a Search Engine like Google, Yahoo or Bing, the Session for these Users are set under Search.
- Social: The Users clicking on any link present across different Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc are attributed to Social Sessions.
- Email: Any Session starting via a link click from an Email Campaign is attributed to Email.
- Others: Many a time the User may come from a not well known Website which may have the link o your Website or App, but has UTM Parameters attached to the link, they are attributed to this Source.
- UnAvailable: This is attributed to which the Session referrers cannot be picked up and has UTM Parameters attached to the base link.